Dove hunting is very popular in the United States and many other places in the world, but dove hunting in Argentina is quite an interesting adventure you have to try. Bird hunting enables you to feel proud after a good catch, therefore, the whole idea is to have a successful hunting, right?
Dove hunting requires concentration and good shooting skills, but you must be prepared with the right dove hunting gear.This is a list of the basic gear you should have:
- Camouflaged clothing (all of it if possible, since doves have amazing vision and are easily scared away)
- A pair of comfortable pants with several pockets that are easy to access, even when wearing gloves
- A pair of comfortable boots, preferably not new ones, to avoid blisters
- A long sleeved shirt to hide your arms
- A light vest with pockets for extra space for ammo, your cell phone, etc.
- A hat or cap
- A mask to hide your face or a net around your head
- Enough ammo, with small shot sizes, like 7 1/2, 8 or 9, since doves are pretty small anyway
- A good and reliable auto-loader shotgun, preferably with a long barrel for better aim
- A bucket with a lid on it or a cooler, making sure to avoid bright colors of course. This can be used both to carry your doves in, and as a stool to sit on while you wait.
- Enough water and snacks
- Camouflaged tape to cover the barrel of your rifle and prevent it from shining
- A few decoys to place on the ground, on a fence or a dead tree, to make doves feel safe
- A “go-get-them” dog or boy/assistant, or at least some bright coloured tape to mark stones to locate your shot doves so you don’t loose them
If you’ve never been dove hunting, what are you waiting for? You are missing out on a great experience. So contact us if you want to bring your dove hunting gear and hunt in Argentina.