Picking the latest shotguns being made today is no easy task. There are some obvious names like the Beretta and Remington. Read this sort of article which is bound to ruffle your skin.
According to Ducks.org these are the latest water fowling firearms. Is your favorite shotgun on the list?
1. Beretta Xplor A400 Action Counts Shots and More
The new Beretta A400 Xplor Action is the first semi-automatic field shotgun to be equipped, as standard, with an electronic device which alongside other functions also counts fired shots.
• The best recoil reduction system in the world: -60%
• A further step forward in performance. Soft, light and able to slide during shouldering
• 36% faster than any other semi-automatic
• Reliable speed and unequaled performance
• Steel technology…
• …and steel performance
See more on: http://www.a400xplor.com/
2. New Browning A5 Handles 3 1/2-inch Shells
The all new Browning A5 is built to be the most reliable, fastest cycling, best performing and softest shooting recoil-operated (yes, recoil-operated) autoloader on the planet.
• 100,000 round guarantee — or five years.
• Get the humpback acquisition advantage
• Kinematic drive™ system
• Ergo balanced
• Ergonomic bolt latch
See more on: ttp://www.browning.com/
3. Chiappa Firearms Creates Rare Triple-Barrel Shotgun
The Triple Threat is based on a traditional two-barrel shotgun design. The lower barrels rest in a side-by-side configuration with a third barrel set on top. This pyramidal arrangement gives the shooter a single-barrel sight plane for aiming with all three barrels. While most defensive shotguns have fixed chokes, the barrels of the Triple Threat are threaded to accept Rem Choke style choke tubes. Five choke tubes are provided, ranging from Skeet to Full. The barrels are 18.5-inches long, and the overall length of the pistol-grip version is 27.75 inches. These measurements exceed the 18-inch barrel/26-inch overall minimum length requirements, so this shotgun can be sold over the counter without any additional tax stamps or federal forms.
See more on: http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/ and http://www.chiappafirearms.com/
4. CZ-USA 612 Wildfowl Magnum Has Rugged Design
The Wildfowl Magnum is designed for the turkey or waterfowl hunter that wants the rugged reliability of a pump shotgun. This gun is wrapped in camouflage for excellent concealment and comes standard with a modified choke for steel shot and an extra full turkey choke for delivering maximum pellets to the kill zone.
• Ammunition: 12 Gauge
• Weight: 6.800 lbs
• Overall Length: 46.500 in
• Barrel Length:26.000 in
• Length of Pull:14.500 in
• Chokes: Modified and Extra Full
• Barrel Finish: Camouflage
See more on: http://cz-usa.com/
5. Mossberg Redesigns 835 Ulti-Mag and 535 ATS Waterfowl
As seen on the Mossberg website, the Duck Commander series includes eight shotguns—even a version of the ever popular Mossberg 500—as well as two rifles and a pistol chambered in .22 LR. The firearms come standard in Max-5 camo by Realtree, one of the latest waterfowl patterns for 2014, and are branded with the Duck Commander logo. The guns also come with a commemorative American flag bandana, styled after the one commonly worn by Willie Robertson on Duck Dynasty.
• Gauge: 12
• Chamber Size: 3.5″
• Capacity: 6
• Chokes : X-Factor™ Ported Tube, Accu-Mag Set and Modified Tube
• Overall Length: 48.75″
• Length Of Pull: 14.5″
• Barrel Finish: select
• Weight: 7.75 lb
See more on: http://www.mossberg.com/
6. Remington Introduces New Versa Max Sportsman
Building on the award-winning platform of the VERSA MAX, Remington proudly announces the new VERSA MAX Sportsman. This is a workhorse shotgun designed for today’s American sportsman who wants the ultimate in autoloading technology and performance but doesn’t require a full featured gun like the ground breaking original. We’ve kept all the great technology that earned the VERSA MAX a Golden Bullseye Award from American Rifleman and a “Best of the Best” nod from Field & Stream magazine while streamlining the design to appeal to more hunters in more fields. And, like all of Remington’s shotguns and remington 870 accessories, the new VERSA MAX Sportsman is built in the USA.
• 12 – Gauge
• 4140 Hammer-Forged Barrel
• 28″ Barrel Option
• Length of Pull Kit
• Sights HiViz® Ivory Front Bead, Steel Mid Bead
• Pro Bore™ Choke Tubes 5
See more on: http://www.remington.com/
7. Stoeger Introduces Longfowler Double Guns
Stoeger is pleased to introduce the Longfowler Series of 12-gauge double-barrel shotguns, available in both side-by-side (SxS) and over/under (O/U) models.
Designed with waterfowlers and long shots in mind, the Longfowler Series features 30-inch barrels and walnut stocks and forends that sport a weather-resistant stained oil-finish—the perfect complement to the matt-blued barrels and receiver. These guns are not only attractive, but also ready for rugged conditions.
• Chokes: Ext IC & M
• Type of Sights: Brass bead L
• Length of Pull: 14.5”
• Drop at Comb: 1.5”
• Drop at Heel: 2.5” Extractor
Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/
8. Weatherby PA-08 Pump Now Available in 20-Gauge
All Weatherby® PA-08™ pump shotguns feature a ventilated top rib and brass bead front sight to aid in target acquisition. The vent rib works to dissipate heat in the barrel, promotes a smoother «swing-thru» and gives the shooter an excellent sight line for acquiring fast-moving targets. Each PA-08™ gun comes with three application-specific, screw-in choke tubes.
• Vented top rib dissipates heat and aids in target acquisition
• 26″ or 28″ chrome-lined barrel
• Available in 12 gauge (3″ chamber), or 20 gauge (3″ chamber)
• Comes with three application-specific choke tubes (IC, M, F)
Read more: http://www.weatherby.com/
9. Winchester Super X Pump Waterfowl Hunter Gets New Finish
Super X Pump shotguns boast four massive Rotary Bolt Lugs that provide support, strength and solid lock-up to the barrel. A hard chrome chamber and bore make surfaces highly resistant to wear and corrosion. An Inflex recoil pad reduces felt recoil. The proven Invector-Plus Choke Tube System and .742 Back-Bored barrel technology are also featured and provide consistent shot patterns in the constriction hunters demand.
• Synthetic stock with textured gripping surfaces .
• 742″ technology provides optimum shot patterns that are dense and even
• 3½» chamber
• Hard chrome chamber and bore make these surfaces highly resistant to wear and corrosion
• Black chrome protection on bolt and other components lasts longer than traditional bluing
• Truglo® long bead™ fiber-optic front sight offers a true, precise sight picture
• 3-shot adapter with speed-plug system is easily removed without tools
• Rotary bolt with four massive lugs provides strength, support and solid lockup
• Drop-out trigger group allows easy cleaning
• Crossbolt safety is easily operated, even with gloves
• Inflex technology recoil pad directs felt recoil down and away from your cheek to reduce flinch and fatigue
Read more: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ and http://www.winchesterguns.com/
10. Benelli Offers M2 20-Gauge for Lefties
Benelli produces more left hand shotguns than any other firearms manufacturer. Left hand shotguns are offered in all of Benelli’s flagship models, including the SBEII, Montefeltro, and the M2 in 12- and 20-gauge versions. Left-handed shooters no longer have to put up with hulls ejecting across their faces.
• Ultra-reliable Inertia Driven® system
• ComforTech® recoil reduction system
• Unparalleled versatility
• Left hand configurations
• Crio® barrel and choke tubes
Read more: http://www.benelliusa.com/
11. Charles Daly Introduces Left-Handed Semiautos and Pumps
Charles Daly is now offering a wide variety of shotguns built for lefties. The lineup includes the Model 600 and Model 635 Master-Mag semiautos and the Model 300 and Model 335 Master-Mag pumps. Receivers are lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and barrels are available in 26- and 28-inch dimensions. Stock options include black synthetic, camouflage, or walnut.
Read more: http://www.charlesdaly-us.com/ and http://www.ducks.org/
12. TriStar Viper G2 Takes Left Turn
Here’s another one for the southpaws in the duck blind—TriStar’s Viper G2 Left Hander. This shotgun is available in 12-gauge only and is chambered for 3-inch loads. The G2 features a 28-inch barrel, fiber-optic front sight, and improved-cylinder, modified, and full choke tubes. This shotgun is offered in black synthetic and Realtree MAX-4 camouflage.
Read more: http://tristararms.com/ and http://www.ducks.org/