DOVE HUNTING FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Based on our hunting experience we have gathered these frequently asked questions. If you have any further questions or you think there is some important content missing on this page please contact us and we will provide you with further information and update these dove hunting FAQs accordingly.
WHAT IS THE LIMIT ON DOVES PER DAY?
CAN I BRING DOVES OR PIGEONS BACK HOME?
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE DOVES/PIGEONS I SHOOT?
IS ARGENTINA A SAFE PLACE?
WHAT IS THE CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE?
DO I NEED PERMIT OR VISA FOR COMING TO ARGENTINA?
If you are an Australian or Canadian citizen, remember you should pay the Reciprocity fee before entering Argentina since visiting the country for tourism or business, before joining the Argentina must pay the so-called Reciprocity Rate being a requirement of admission to visit the country.
The National Immigration Office charges the “Reciprocity Fee” by the Provincial Pagos payment-system through credit card, which is the only way to pay it.
GOOD NEWS FOR US CITIZEN !!
In order to strengthen the relationship between Argentina and the United States of America, the Argentine Government has resolved to suspend the collection of the reciprocity fee from US passport holders who visit our country for less than 90 days, for tourist or business purposes.
How Can I pay the Reciprocity Rates?
1.Register at Provincia Pagos and obtain an entry code.
2.Complete the form including personal and credit card details . This information and the entry code will be sent electronically to the DNM.
3.After payment is processed, print the receipt.
4.Upon arrival in Argentina, go to the DNM Office and present the printed receipt.
5.The receipt will be scanned by DNM staff and the data will be validated to enable entry to Argentina.
DO I NEED ANY VACCINE?
DO I NEED A HUNTING LICENSE?
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW? AND WHAT HAPPENS IN THE AIRPORT?
a) Individuals who wish to go into the country with firearms must fill out the technical form of temporary authorization for entering or exiting firearms of Argentine Republic in triplicate for its control when entering or exiting the country.
1st copy: will be kept by the competent authority who will send it to the National Registry of Weapons.
2nd copy: will be kept by the tourist.
3rd copy: will be kept by the individual and will hand it in when leaving the country.
b) Pay a $600 rate per weapon and for once.
-They will check the techinical form for its control when entering or exiting the country.
-Cetrify the entry of the firearms detailed in the technical form.
-Certify the payment in the technical form.
It is possible that local police of argentine provinces make other controls over the firearms introduced to the country. That control is completely free of charge.
Note: the temporary entry of fire arms and ammunition will only be allowed when the tourist declares that he/she is coming to do sport shooting or hunting in authorized places by RENAR.
DO THE GUIDES SPEAK ENGLISH?
IS THE HUNT GUIDED?
ARE THERE ANY HUNTING SAFETY RECOMENDATIONS?
- Always treat the gun as loaded.
- Never have a loaded gun except when hunting.
- Always make sure that the barrel and action are clear of obstructions.
- Always carry your gun so dig you can control the direction of the muzzle, even if you stumble.
- Always keep the safety on until the gun is brought to shoulder.
- Always make sure your target is a dove and your backstop is not a hunter or a dog.
- Never point a gun at anything you do not want to shoot.
- Never leave guns or ammunition within reach of children or careless adults.
- Never climb trees or fences with a loaded gun.
- Never shoot at a flat, hard surface or water.
- Never drink alcohol or take other mood-altering drugs before or during a hunt.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO MY TRIP?
Shooting Gloves: One or two pair of quality leather shooting gloves. These not only protect your hands from the intense heat of your gun barrel(s) but also save wear and tear due to loading hundreds of cartridges into your gun(s) every day.
- Shooting Gloves: One or two pair of quality leather shooting gloves. These not only protect your hands from the intense heat of your gun barrel(s) but also save wear and tear due to loading hundreds of cartridges into your gun(s) every day.
- Hearing Protection: Due to the large amount of shooting you will be doing, quality ear plugs and/or earphone hearing protectors are a MUST. Many hunters opt to wear both earplugs and earphones.
- Shooting Glasses: Depending upon the weather, you will want the option of clear and tinted lenses.
- Hunting Clothes: Either camo or natural colors with emphasis on green shades.
- Comfortable Footwear: Leather boots are best for most conditions.
- Light Jacket / Rain Poncho: It never hurts to be well prepared.
- Firearms and ammunition for sporting purposes are admitted into Argentina provided:
- – holding a completed “Autorizacion Temporaria de Ingreso Y Egreso de Armas a la Republica Argentina” (temporary authorisation to enter and leave Argentina with firearms), obtained at an embassy, or applying on arrival, with the relevant Police Authority, for an “Autorizacion Temporaria de Ingreso y Egreso de Armas a la Republica Argentina.
- The application must be supported by the appropriate firearms certificate of the country or residence; and
- – travelling with passenger as checked, registered baggage; and
- – declared upon arrival. Fee: ARS 600.- (approx. USD 100.-) per firearm.
WHAT ABOUT PAYMENT POLICIES ?
Our policies are:
A 50% deposit is required to reserve your requested hunt dates. The deposit is not refundable. Full payment is due 60 days in advance of your scheduled hunt. We recommend trip insurance, which we can provide. Please inquire for updated rates. The acceptable methods of payment after arrival at La Rosada for shells, gun rental, hunting license, and pro shop items are cash or personal checks. A 2.5% surcharge will be applied US checks. These fees are what the local banks charge us; we regret any inconvenience.
The adventure is where you find in Argentina Dove Hunting. C&C Outfitters is where we make it happen. Whether you’re an experimented hunter or just a beginner is in our hands to give you a marvelous and gorgeous hunting trip.